Every college student, at some point, faces the possibility of enduring a hardship that may require withdrawal from the university.
The Withdrawal Services staff provides support to students and their families when a student’s enrollment is unexpectedly interrupted due to unforeseen circumstances (personal, family, medical or mental health reasons, and/or other crisis). Students who must leave during a current semester must officially withdraw (all classes) through the Dean of Students Department.
If a withdrawal is necessary, it is best to start with the Academic Dean of your College to discuss the implications and viability of withdrawing, as well as, any alternative academic options that may exist.
A Withdrawal Advisor will explain the withdrawal application process at its various stages, refers students to their Academic Dean and offers other University support services as needed. Students are notified of the final decision in writing and a University record of the completed withdrawal is maintained.
The Florida State University Center is located on the corner of West Pensacola Street and Champions Way. If you need directions, please visit our Contact Us page or call our office.
- FALL 2018 BEGINS:
- August 27, 2018
- Administrative Cancellations (through Fourth Day of Classes) — Last Day to cancel enrollment and have fees removed (No withdrawal is needed):
- August 30, 2018
- Up to the Fourth Week of Classes - Students withdrawing will receive a 25% Refund Adjustment without receiving a grade. Students will be liable for 75% of their tuition and fees:
- September 21, 2018
- Seventh Week of Classes - Last day for students to withdraw without receiving a grade; 100% liable for tuition and fees: In light of the University’s closure notice for the week of October 9 -12, the 7th week deadline will be extended to Friday, October 19.
October 12, 2018
- Last Day to Officially withdraw from the University:
- December 7, 2018
- SUMMER 2017 SEMESTER ENDS:
- December 14, 2018
- FALL 2018 BEGINS:
Withdrawal Services Survey
Provide us with feedback on your experience with services provided by our office.