The accessible van is available Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Students, faculty, and staff who have mobility impairments, temporary or permanent, may be eligible to use the Florida State Accessible Van. Priority will be given to those individuals with permanent mobility impairments, and every effort will be made to accommodate those with temporary impairments.
- Potential riders must complete an application and provide documentation that supports the use of van transportation.
- Only students, faculty, and staff who have mobility issues may ride the van.
- The van is only for on–campus transportation. Transportation to and from campus is the sole responsibility of the rider.
Arranging for Transportation
- Complete the application, or pick up a copy of the application form in the SDRC lobby:
- Once the application is completed, email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the SDRC front desk. Your request must be approved in order to be eligible to ride the Florida State Accessible Van.
- You must call two class days in advance to ride the Florida State Accessible Van or set up a permanent schedule. You must submit a written request for a permanent schedule.
- The maximum time the van will wait for a rider is five minutes. Please be on time! If you repeatedly fail to show for a ride, you will be given verbal and written warnings, then removed from the list of eligible riders.
- No eating, drinking, or use of tobacco products in the van. Illegal substances are strictly prohibited.
- All riders must wear seatbelts at all times. Riders who use wheelchairs must also use a personal seatbelt that secures them in the chair.
- The driver has the final say in any decisions made en route. Any disruptions and/or inappropriate or abusive behavior will result in the discontinuing of van services and will be reported to the Florida State Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- The university is not required to provide van transportation. Because the university encourages full participation of all students, faculty, and staff, this complimentary service is provided. All riders are encouraged to be respectful of the service and the service providers.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Florida State Accessible Van please contact:
Student Disability Resource Center 850.644.9566