If you have note-taking assistance as an accommodation, unless an exception is noted, you must attend class and be attentive. You do not have the right to copies of notes from a class for which you were absent, unless an exception is noted. Power point slides and fill in the blank note packets are approved supplemental note taking accommodations. Please remember, these are supplemental notes and you are required to still take your own notes.
If your accommodations include having note–takers, please follow these steps:
- Ask the instructor/professor to make an anonymous announcement in class. Instructions are provided on the faculty letter.
- You will receive a notification email from the SDRC letting you know that a note-taker has been assigned to your class.
- Once you have a note–taker, follow these steps to access the notes:
- Go to the SDRC student portal at: https://whitney.accessiblelearning.com/fsu and log in with your FSU ID and password
- Now you’re on the ‘Welcome Page’, click on ‘Notetaking Services’ under ‘My Accommodations’
- Now you’re on the Online Notes System
- Select ‘Available Notes for Download’ under the course you would like to access the notes for
- Select ‘Download Note’ and your notes will download to your computer
If you would like to become a note-taker, please follow these steps:
- Log in with your FSU ID and password to create an account in the Accessible Information Management Portal (AIM): https://whitney.accessiblelearning.com/FSU/applicationnotetaker.aspx.
- Enter in your EMPLID and select ‘continue to step 2’. You will then enter in additional personal information.
- Next, you will need to select ‘Notetaker’ at the top of the page to request an assignment.
- You will then enter in your Course Registration Number (CRN) for the class you would like to take notes for. You can find this number in student central under ‘My Class Schedule’ under ‘My Academics’.
- You will then verify your class and submit your class schedule.
- Within 24-48 hours you will receive an email for you to confirm your assignment.
- You may then log in and upload your notes.
If you have any questions or need assistance please contact:
Natalie Jones, Disability Services Specialist