Endless Possibilities at Florida State University
What is College Like?
- How is college different than high school?
- Structure of American Public Higher Education
- Structure of Florida State University
Placement Testing & Earning College Credit
Who should take placement tests prior to attending Orientation and understanding your AP and IB results:
- Testing to Earn College Credit
- SAT & ACT
- AP: Advanced Placement
- IB: International Baccalaureate
- CLEP: College Level Examination Program
- AICE: Advanced International Certificate of Education
- Transfer and Dual Enrollment Credit
Information about Florida State University’s academic majors, possible study/career paths, and figuring out what is right for you:
- Structure of Degree Programs
- Unsure of your major?
- Limited access majors
- Exploring Academic Majors Based on Interest Areas
- The Environment
- Helping People
- International Issues
- The Media
- The Sciences
- All Florida State University’s Academic Majors in Alphabetical Order
Academic Opportunities for Freshmen/First Year Students
Make the 1st year even better!
- Freshmen Interest Groups (FIGs)
- University Honors Program
- Living-Learning Communities
- Academic Center for Excellence (ACE)
- Chart Your Course (First Year Seminar)
Garnet & Gold Scholar Society
The Garnet and Gold Scholar Society facilitates involvement and recognizes the engaged, well-rounded student who excels within and beyond the classroom in the areas of Leadership, Internship, Service, International, and Research. Be recognized for your engagement experiences by participating in this initiative throughout your duration at Florida State University by completing three of five engagement areas to become a member. Visit http://garnetandgoldscholar.fsu.edu/ to learn more!
Take My Advice
If you didn’t find the answer to your question here, try the following:
- Advisor Search Tool: Search for an Academic Advisor by major.
- Undergraduate Studies: For information about remediation, testing, and transfer credit.
- Advising First: For questions about being an undecided or exploratory major.
- Ask-FSU: For all those other academic questions you can’t find an answer to on this page.