Withdrawal Services

Photo of FSU campus scenery

General Information

  • To initiate the Withdrawal Process students must first discuss their circumstances with their Academic Dean.
  • If the Dean supports your request he or she will refer you to Withdrawal Services to initiate a withdrawal by completing several forms (a withdrawal contact and application form, etc.)
  • The student will sign the withdrawal application in the presence of a withdrawal advisor or a notary. The withdrawal process will be explained and the student will either be referred to his or her dean or the withdrawal application will be placed in Campus mail for consideration.
  • For the withdrawal to be processed, the withdrawal application must be returned to Withdrawal Services for processing.
  • The withdrawal staff will centrally facilitate all paperwork through the appropriate university officials to finalize the withdrawal process.
  • The finalization of the withdrawal is non-reversal.

Returning undergraduate degree-seeking students who have withdrawn from the University and have been absent for three or more consecutive terms (including summer), must submit a Readmissions application found under the Quick Links "Other" in the Office of Admissions 850.644.1050.

More Information

Withdrawal information on Transcripts

Return to
top of page