Office of Withdrawal Services
Every college student, at some point, faces the possibility of enduring a hardship that may require withdrawal from the university.
The Withdrawal Services staff provides support to students and their families when a student’s enrollment is unexpectedly interrupted due to unforeseen circumstances (personal, family, medical or mental health reasons, and/or other crisis). Students who must leave during a current semester must officially withdraw (all classes) through the Dean of Students Department.
If a withdrawal is necessary, it is best to start with the Academic Dean of your College to discuss the implications and viability of withdrawing, as well as, any alternative academic options that may exist.
A Withdrawal Advisor will explain the withdrawal application process at its various stages, refers students to their Academic Dean and offers other University support services as needed. Students are notified of the final decision in writing and a University record of the completed withdrawal is maintained.
The Florida State University Center is located on the corner of West Pensacola Street and Champions Way. If you need directions, please visit our Contact Us page or call our office.
Withdrawal Services Contact Form
This form is available via a secure login to the entire FSU campus community. Sign in using your FSU user ID and Password. Note that if you are using Internet Explorer, append the @fsu.edu after your user name. If you have a my.fsu.edu account, only enter the @fsu.edu to your user name and not my.fsu.edu.If you are using any other browser to sign in, you do not have to append the @fsu.edu.
Forgot your username or password?
- If you forgot your password, please visit: https://apps.its.fsu.edu/CreateFSUID/Activation.html?action=forgotfsuid
- If you forgot your FSUID username, please visit: https://apps.oti.fsu.edu/FSUID/jsp/fsuidFirstUser.jsp?nofsuid=yes
- If you forgot both, please contact: ITS Service Desk at 850.644.HELP(4357)
Withdrawal Services Survey
Provide us with feedback on your experience with services provided by our office.
Dean of Students Department
Office of Withdrawal Services
- University Center A, Suite 4100, Tallahassee, FL 32306-2440
- Phone: 850.644.1741
- Fax: 850.644.0687
Upcoming Important Dates
- SPRING 2017 BEGINS
— JANUARY 9, 2017
- Administrative Cancellations ( through Fourth Day of Classes) – Last Day to cancel enrollment and have fees removed (No withdrawal is needed):
— JANUARY 12, 2017
- Up to the Fourth Week of Classes (Students withdrawing will receive a 25% Refund Adjustment without receiving a grade; Students will be liable for 75% of their tuition and fees):
— FEBRUARY 3, 2017
- Seventh Week of Classes (Last day for students to withdraw without receiving grade; 100% liable for tuition and fees):
— FEBRUARY 24, 2017
- Last Day to Officially withdraw from the University:
— APRIL 28, 2017
- SPRING 2017 Semester Ends:
— MAY 5, 2017